Tucked within the canyons on the border of Arizona and Utah, Amangiri is a 5-star resort that offers both adrenaline-fuelled adventures and a peaceful spa retreat. Designed by architects Marwan Al-Sayed, Wendell Burnette and Rick Joy, the resort emphasises the true magic and mystery of southern Utah’s majestic cliffs and rock formations.
Right from the moment you arrive at the front steps of Amangiri, a staff member is there to welcome you with a smile on their face, homemade lemonade and a cool towel. The staff member continues to escort you on a guided tour of the resort- sharing lovely stories such as the legacy of the 165 million-year-old rock formation that curves around the 86 degree heated pool.The views are out of this world as you walk up to the spa for the first time, stopping at the Desert Lounge to experience the 180 degree views over the desert that is southern Utah. You won’t truly understand the beauty of the resort and its location until you experience it for yourself.
One might ask what you can do while staying at Amangiri and the answer- there are endless possibilities.
- Horseback rides
- Hot air balloon rides
- ATV tours
- Via Ferrata hiking
- Bryce Canyon National Park day trips
- Grand Canyon National Park day trips
- Zion National Park day trips
- Helicopter tours
- Private plane tours
- Lake Powell boat tours
- Colorado river rafting
- Slot Canyon tours
- Lake Powell kayaking
- Spa treatments
To read more about the amazing activities you can do while staying at Amangiri, click here.
My top recommendations to fully enjoy your stay at Amangiri are:
- Hire a car from Las Vegas and take the journey that takes you through Zion National Park. Pack a picnic and stop to enjoy the trek up to Angels Landing. The hike will take you about 2 hours return and will break up the 4.5-hour drive between Las Vegas and the resort.
- Amangiri have a contract with BMW. This gives guests the chance to take out one of the test drive cars for a period of up to 3 hours. Make sure you make the most of this opportunity and take a drive into town to hike to the famous Horseshoe Bend. A beautiful location at sunrise or sunset.
- Go on a slot canyon tour and take some beautiful photos of the natural lighting that forms between the natural forming slot canyons.
- Make the most of the complimentary daily hikes and yoga classes.
- If the weather is nice, take a day trip out on Lake Powell. The lake is absolutely beautiful and a perfect location for an afternoon of wakeboarding and kayaking.
- Wake up early one morning, go for a hike on the Coyote trail (amazing birdseye view over the resort and the surrounding area), come back and enjoy a lovely breakfast before heading to the spa for a morning of relaxation in the water pavilion- made up of a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and heated step pool.